Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Write up for being 50% done

When I unpackaged the idea that i was dealing with I found that I was interested by the idea of motion. What makes us move how we move and what that motion does to us. The Zoetrope is an optical illusion reliant on persistence of vision. So thinking about all of these things and where I was coming from before with fire got me to think about the motions of the three things that humans need to survive, shelter, food, and water. The shelter approach has remained on of the more steady images that I want to use in this project. The idea of hearth and watching a campfire as a unit has always had a mystical quality to it. When considering water and food things always get a little confusing to me. What represents food? How do i convey the idea of water as an essential part of human survival? For food I considered on of the more used products that countries try and secure when starting up, I though of wheat. Bread is basically an image I have strong connotations too when thinking of feeding people or sustaining them. Wheat blowing in a gentile breeze seems like the natural manifestation of it in my quest for reels. Water is the next issue to tackle that I had to think about. The best thing that I was able to come up with the process of water growing grain. Showing the sprouting of a plant speaks a lot about human survival I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment